Friday, October 16, 2009

What's for Lunch today?

Hello Everyone! This is Julia. Today I couldn't figure out what to fix for lunch. I was looking around and realized that I had 2 talapia filets and some left over whole wheat pasta. I decided to make a dish out of these simple ingredents that I think I will call:

Sweet and Spicy Talipia with Whole Wheat Pasta


This is a picture of the finished product with a cold glass of sweet tea.

The recipe is as follows:

You will need:

  • Whole wheat pasta

  • olive oil
  • jalepeno pepper jelly

  • 2 talapia filets

  • fresh cilantro
  1. Bring a pot of water with a handfull of salt to a boil. Add whole wheat pasta and cook until aldente.

  2. Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a sauce pan heated to medium high. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of jalepeno pepper jelly. Stir together and add 2 talapia filets. Put the lid on and steam for 5 - 10 minutes each side (steam time depends on if you are using fresh or frozen talapia). Add about 4 tablespoons of pasta water and aldente pasta to the talapia and pepper jelly mixture; stir. While stiring, flake the fish into bite size peices. Serve with fresh cilantro on top.
Special thanks to my Mom for giving me some of her homemade Jalepeno Pepper Jelly!!


No comments:

Post a Comment